Skin is your body’s biggest organ. Skin can have problems from any age of person. Use the following guide to learn about skin problems & skin treatments. And if patient have skin problems with respective symptoms then following diseases may occur -
- Raised itchy bumps, either red or skin-colored
- “Blanching” (when pressed, the center of a red urticaria turns white)
- Congestion of eyes.
- Sometimes headache
- Usually, the first symptom of eczema is intense itching.
- The rash appears later and is red and bumpy.
- The rash itches or burns.
- If it is scratched, it may ooze and become crusty.
- In adults, chronic rubbing produces thickened plaques of skin.
- Painful cracks in the skin can develop over time.
- Although the rash can be located anywhere on the body, in adults and older children, it is most often found on the neck, opposite the elbow & knee. Infants may exhibit the rash on the torso and face. It usually first appears in areas where the child can rub against sheets. As the child begins to crawl, the rash involves the skin of the elbows and knees. The diaper area is often spared.
- The itching may be so intense that it interferes with sleep.
- While classic eczema and psoriasis are distinctly different and seldom coexist, both conditions may have severe erythrodermic (red skin) forms in which the patient has inflammation of most of the skin surface area.
- Red patches of skin covered with silvery scales
- Small scaling spots (commonly seen in children)
- Dry, cracked skin that may bleed
- Itching, burning or soreness
- Thickened, pitted or ridged nails
- Swollen and stiff joints
- Emotional distress
- Skin pain and inflammation
- Bleeding skin patches
Psoriasis patches can range from a few spots of dandruff-like scaling to major eruptions that cover large areas.
- Whiteheads (closed plugged pores)
- Blackheads (open plugged pores) — the oil turns brown when it is exposed to air
- Small red, tender bumps (papules)
- Pimples (pustules) - which are papules with pus at their tips
- Large, solid, painful lumps beneath the surface of the skin (nodules)
- Painful pustules
Leucoderma (loss of pigment)
- White patches (de-pigmentation) on skin
- Premature graying of scalp hair, eyelashes
Syphilis develops in stages, and symptoms vary with each stage. But the stages may overlap, and symptoms dont always occur in the same order. Yet sometimes syphilis have common symptom -
- Body ache
- Enlargement of lymph nodes
- Enlarged tonsils
- Sore throat
Ring worm (Dadru)
Ringworm typically begins as a flat scaly area on the skin, which may be red and itchy. This patch develops a slightly raised border that expands outward forming a roughly circular ring.
Note -Your doctor/ vaidya will first try to diagnose and treat the condition that is causing your skin problem.