The allergic condition of the nasal passage where there is an inflammation of the nasal airways due to some allergic reaction. This reaction is due to some allergy causing agent present in the airways. It can be some pollen grain, dust particle, inhaled smoke, or pollutants present in the air. Although, such allergens are present around us the allergic reaction comes up only in some people who have highly sensitized immune systems.
- Bad odour in respiration
- Headache, and itchy and watery red eyes
- Itchy throat
- Loss of smell
- Blocked or congested nose
Repeated exposure to factors responsible for causing rhinitis generally leads to a chronic condition. For instance, repeated exposure to exhaust gases, perfumes, chlorine, detergents, cigarette smoke, dust etc can cause an individual the chronic rhinitis. Prolonged exposure to cold climate and frequent consumption of cold food items like curds & ice cream and most importantly decreased immunity are often responsible for causing chronic rhinitis.
According to Ayurvedic philosophy, rhinitis, or dushta pratishya appears due to imbalance of pitta and kapha. Pitta is an Ayurvedic humor, which symbolizes heat or fire. Kapha is another Ayurvedic humour, which manifests as a mucus like substance, that is dense, heavy, firm, stable, slow, thick, sticky, wet, clear and cold in nature. Aggravated pitta and kapha produce heating mucus-like toxins. These toxins circulate in the blood and are transported through channels to weakest part of body. In such a case, the weakest part of the body is the respiratory system. Heating, mucus-like toxins accumulate in respiratory system and leads to rhinitis.
Diet & Lifestyle:
- One should avoid foods which increase pitta and kapha dosha such as fried, oily, deep fried, sour and excessively sweet foods.
- Citrus fruits (lemon, lime, orange), chutneys, sauces, fermented food, mustard and vinegar should be avoided. One should avoid foods made from white flour such as bread, cakes, pastries and pizza etc.
- Artificial foods, fast foods, cola drinks, and tomatoes should be avoided. Tea, coffee, alcohol and smoking should be avoided.
- In addition, very cold, frozen and heavy foods (which are difficult to digest) should be avoided.
Ayurveda is an ancient Indian system of medicine that makes use of herbs existing in the nature and formulates herbal remedies using the inherent power present in these herbs. We in Ayurveda believe that herbal remedies bring to you the richness of the herbs in a natural, unadulterated form. These combinations help improve immunity and provide strength, endurance and will.
Ayurveda uses the inherent power of natural herbs to bring about wonderful results on the human body. The herbs are natural and 100% safe. Ayurveda helps to naturally enhance the body functioning in an herbal way. The herbs for allergic rhinitis help decrease the inflammation symptoms in an herbal natural way. The ayurvedic herbs for rhinitis aid in the betterment of the respiratory system and prevent infections.
Note: Medicine should be taken according to vaidya/docter
Treatment with Remedies