Psoriasis is a non-contagious common skin condition that causes rapid skin cell reproduction resulting in red, dry patches of thickened skin. The dry flakes and skin scales are thought to result from the rapid buildup of skin cells. Psoriasis commonly affects the skin of the elbows, knees, and scalp.
According to Ayurveda, Psoriasis appears due to imbalance of two doshas - Vata (Air) and Pitta (Fire). Vata and Pitta doshas manifest in the skin and cause accumulation of toxins. These toxins accumulate in deep tissues like rasa (nutrient plasma), rakta (blood), mansa (muscles), and lasika (lymphatic). These toxins cause contamination of deeper tissues, leading to Psoriasis.
Psoriasis can be caused by a variety of reasons. Heredity can be crucial. If one parent is affected, then there is 15% of chances for the child to suffer from psoriasis. If both the parents are affected then the possibility of child getting the psoriasis is 60%.
Diet & Lifestyle:
- Avoid consuming opposite foods.
- Do not control natural urges like vomiting, urination, bowels, etc.
- Do not take cold water bath immediately after a heavy workout, traveling, a long walk, etc.
- Take care not to consume foods which cause indigestion.
- Absolutely do not eat too much of salty, sour or acidic foods.
- Avoid sleeping in afternoons.
- Take 1-2 cup of bitter gourd juice on empty stomach in the morning. Continue this for 5-6 months. Patient may add a tablespoon of lime juice, if they find it difficult to digest the bitter taste.
Note: Medicine should be taken according to vaidya/docter
Treatment with Remedies